Monday, January 5, 2009

Nice and neat

The past few days, I've been working on neatening up my sewing area. I worked very hard on my fabric stash, sorting, folding and organizing it all. Plus I rearranged my cutting table, with my new mat (yay!) and my recovered iron (yay!) to make it all a little cleaner. I also had plans to buy a little sewing caddy for my scissors and pencils etc, but I couldn't find anything I liked. So, instead, I made a couple of fabric boxes. So far I have one for my currently planned patterns and another for all the random stuff. I think I might make one more for the scissors so that they fit slightly better, but it's nice to have it all arranged. It's much more pleasant to sew when it's a little less chaotic. So here's a picture of it before I mess it up again!
I also spent time this weekend spending some money. ;) I visited Joann's, Hancock's, and my favorite local quilt shop, Intown Quilters. I used up all of my gift card money (and then some), and I have all kinds of interesting new projects to work on. In addition to all the old projects, of course! I picked up some of the fabrics from this line by Timeless Treasures - I have the birds in brown and yellow for shorts for the girls this summer, and a fat quarter of the Paris one for something for me. I haven't quite worked out what yet, but it was too cute to resist. I think my next project, though, is this wrap top by Vogue in a charcoal gray color. We'll see how that goes...

No comments: