Sunday, August 2, 2009

Room Redo

I think I mentioned before that my girls have decided that they should share a room. So, we're in the midst of a room rearrangement and redecoration. I have all the fabric to make curtains and a wall hanging (although that's driving me crazy - I decided not to follow the pattern, and I'm having trouble coming up with a pattern that I really like). Anyway, I haven't made any progress with those yet.

But yesterday, my mom and I spent pretty much the entire day painting sea creature murals on the wall, and I absolutely love it! It turned out quite well, if I do say so myself. ;)

The biggest mural:
(Ignore the mattress - there are bunk beds coming at some point, but until then M has to camp out on the floor.)

Smaller one next to the bed:

Another by the closet:
We stenciled with freezer paper stencils, and then Mom freehanded the sea grass, coral and sand. (Very impressive, I have to say - all I did freehand were the jellyfish tentacles, and that took absolutely forever! The coral especially was a huge job. Thanks, Mom!!) I've never really stenciled that much in a row before - I had no idea how exhausting something so seemingly simple could be. But I really am happy with the results - and so are the girls - so it's worth it. And once the curtains and wall hanging are made, and we get the bunk beds and a little dresser, it'll be all done. (Of course, then I'm going to have to work on the new guest room - what was M's room - but hey, one step at a time, right?)

No comments: