Monday, February 2, 2009

Progress is made

I haven't posted anything in a long time, because I've been in sort of a blah place with sewing. Between some just general creative blahs, and some major problems with a series of projects, I just really haven't been in the mood.

But I'm back! :) I went to Joann's last week to pick up a couple of things, and I was all inspired to make a dress. It's basically this pattern (the shorter, sleeveless one), except I'm making it in knit, and I more or less took the pattern pieces and completely ignored the directions. It's brown with a pretty light blue sash. It's actually almost completed, although I'm not sure I'm happy with the bodice. I may chop off the bottom half, make a new bodice, and reattach it. I haven't quite decided. But the important part is that I was inspired and having fun. And eventually I'm going to have a darn cute dress.

I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a dress for a wedding, and I was afraid. Well, I made a muslin of the bodice, and, as I suspected, it didn't fit at all. So this weekend, my mom came to my rescue. ;) She pinned and draped the bodice and fixed where the darts should be, and made it work. So now my assignment is to do the same thing to the lining, make the rest of the dress, and then she'll come and figure out where exactly the zipper should go. Thanks, Mom! It's handy having someone to help me who actually knows what she's doing, lol! Anyway, pictures will come once something's actually completed. But I'm feeling happy about my progress.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love the patterns for both dresses! You've got to post pictures when you're done - I want to see the final product. I'm so impressed with your fashion crafty-ness!