Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pretty spring skirt

I mentioned a while back that I was working on a skirt. I got it done a couple of nights ago, so now I'm posting it.

(Sorry for the random skirt only picture - I was using the timer on my old camera, and it's such a pain to aim it!)

Anyway, it's more or less Simplicity 3881, although I did have to make some changes - I made it fit a bit better, and then I also had to line it. The outer fabric is Par Avion from Michael Miller, and then I found a nice soft Egyptian cotton at Joann's for the lining. It's nice and springy - such happy colors. Plus it looks great with a top I already owned, so that's a bonus. I planned on wearing it this weekend, but it's apparently going to get chilly again, so I decided just to wear it today. With a sleeveless shirt that the weather's probably not actually warm enough for. Oh well, the outfit's making me happy, anyway. And I can always change if I get cold. :)

No comments: