Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gosh, I haven't posted in a while. I've made a few things, but I've been busy with life. We had a big spring party last weekend, which was a lot of fun. I had a lot to do for that, but I did manage to make the girls each a playdress from the the popsicle fabric I got at Gail K's. Somehow we didn't end up with any pictures, though. Possibly because they were running wild in the backyard, only emerging to get more Capri Sun and chips, lol!

Then somehow I got this terrible sunburn on my hands the next day. I mean, the worst sunburn I can remember ever getting - blisters and all. Plus it's sort of patchy. Very strange. Anyway, I didn't want to do very much with my hands for a few days there! Then I was busily tracing patterns and cutting things out, which is useful, but not too interesting, blogging-wise. I've been working on this blouse:


I'm not very happy with it, though. (Okay, so obviously, it's not done yet. And the bottom isn't crooked the way it looks in this picture.) For one thing, I think I should have made a different size. But more than that, I think it just looks a little strange when it's on. Plus the collar is *huge*, which I don't really understand - it doesn't look huge in the pictures on the pattern! (Iestyn thinks maybe it just looks odd because of the collar, but I think it's more than that.) I want to try and rescue it, mostly because I feel like I've done a good job with the construction, and I'd hate to waste that. And I think the fabric is really pretty. So there may eventually be pictures of me wearing it! I have some other fabric intended for another version of this pattern, too, so I may play with that and then return to this one. I really like the sleeves, I have to say.

I have a bunch of little girl things to sew together, too. Actually, I rather enjoyed making the playdresses last week - it's so much easier to sew for little girls. The fit of dresses is way more straightforward when you have no curves, lol!

Oh, and I got Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross for my birthday. I've really been enjoying that - it's like eye candy for people who sew. I'm planning to try her weekend blouse in white gauze for a pool coverup. However, as it turns out, the fabric amount isn't nearly big enough, so I have to go back to Joann's to get some more gauze before I can do any more on that.

Always plenty of projects to work on - too bad I have a cold at the moment, and I'm not really in the mood to do anything!

No comments: