Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tote bags and some chickens....

Happy Mother's Day!

It's been a good day. My girls (with some help from Daddy) painted a wooden picture frame and jewelry box as my gifts and made many some very sweet cards. Plus I got a lot of hugs and kisses. A lovely way to start the day! And then we all went to breakfast and the Botanical Gardens with my mom and sister and her family, which was fun. Here's a picture of me and my mom at the gardens:


It was beautiful, if rather hot, and we had a nice visit. Afterwards, Iestyn took the girls out to play, and I got some peaceful sewing time. I powered through the rest of my teacher tote bags. (Everything was cut out, and I'd sewn one and part of another, but now they're all done.) I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Actually, I might make myself something like one of the first two:

(and I got enough of that purple fabric to make myself a skirt. I don't know how well you can see the fabric, but it's really lovely.)

But since it was my treat for Mother's Day, I also took some time to sew myself a wristlet:

I have a great love chickens for some reason, so I had to grab this fabric (Metro Market from Robert Kaufman) when I saw it. It's lined with some coordinating apples, which are also adorable. Plus I've been wanting a slightly larger wristlet than my current one, so new fabric was a good excuse. I'm also planning to make myself a hat out of it. I got that cut out, but I got tired after all the tote bags!

Anyway, it was a very nice day - a good mix of visiting time and quiet sewing time. And I'm all done with teacher gifts, so I can move on to some of my new patterns!

No comments: