Friday, April 24, 2009

New and Improved Pants....

It's amazing the difference it makes to have the the help of a) another person who b) knows what she's doing (thanks, Mom!). My pants have been altered, and now they're much better:

(Ignore the blurriness of my head. I'm not sure what the deal is.)

They still have a much wider waistband than I prefer, but that can be covered with a long shirt. And my mom was able to figure out where I should sew so that they actually fit me and look pretty cute. If I make them again (we'll see), I definitely need to go down a size. I had to take the waistband off for the alteration (twice, since I was an idiot and sewed it back on backwards the first time!), but it didn't really take all that long to fix, thankfully. And now they're wearable, which is a bonus.

I got a McCall's shorts pattern that I might try next - if they turn out cute, I can always make a longer pair for capris. It looks like it might be kind of an involved pattern, though, so we'll see how long that takes me!

No comments: