Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pants....


Well, I made the Smarty Pants by Favorite Things (the grown up ones this time), and I just don't think I like them much. They look cute on the models, but they really don't look that great on me. Well, for one thing, they're a little big, even though I used the correct sizing. But more than that, the wide waistband and elastic backed waist just really makes them look like maternity pants. And I certainly don't need those! Plus they make me look kind of hippy, which isn't so attractive. They were easy to make, and I could probably make some changes to the pattern to get them to look better, but I haven't decided yet if I want to bother, or if I want to try a different pattern. I have some fabric that's just waiting to be made into capris, but I don't think these are it. Oh well. At least they were pretty straightforward to make, and I did get some practice with pockets. I'll just save these for messy projects or something!

No comments: